Thursday, January 22, 2015

"The Day the Crayon's Quit" by Drew Daywalt


"The Day the Crayons Quit" by Drew Daywalt
 
This is one of my absolute favorite books. It's about crayons writing letters to their owner about their feelings; for example, the pink crayon is very upset because he/she doesn't get used very often other than by his little sister in her princess coloring book. Then, it goes on to say from another crayon that he is embarrassed because someone took his clothes off (wrapper). Now he won't come out of the crayon box because he's naked. I've read this book to many students, and they just laugh! They think it's so cool. Since reading this book to my after-school kiddo's, I have yet to see a crayon wrapper off of it's designated crayon. I love the imagination of the story. It shows that we aren't all the same. Each crayon gives his/her own defense of why they are misused or overused. They are all tired of being used for the same objects; for example, the black crayon is upset because he always is outlining things and never shading in anything. He says at one point that he doesn't understand why their can't be an occasional black beach ball. I truly adore this story, and I advise anyone to purchase this amazing book!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs