Thursday, January 22, 2015

Valentine Wreath

This is a wreath that my mother and I made. We used an 18" white Styrofoam wreath that we got from Hobby Lobby, red tulle, a wooden "C" initial, and gray chevron burlap ribbon for the bow.
 
I cut the pieces of tulle into strips approximately 8" x 1ft 8inches. Tie the strips like you're going to tie your shoes, then tie them again like you're double knotting.
 
 
 
Tie until it fills the wreath. We used approximately 15 yards of red tulle for an 18" wreath. I will post other posts in the near future of smaller wreaths. This was our first one we tried! We used hot glue to glue on the wooden letter "C." However, I wouldn't suggest using hot glue if it's hot outside. We haven't had any issues with the cold weather and the hot glue. I painted the "C" gray. We also used hot glue and glue dots to put on the burlap bow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs